Thursday, September 28, 2017

6 Things People Tell You When You're Engaged (That Really Grinds Your Gears)

6 Things People Tell You When You’re Engaged (That Really Grinds Your Gears) 



There's nothing like that feeling you have the moment you get engaged to the love of your life. Oh, the butterflies! Ready to spend the rest of your lives together! But before the big day arrives, wedding planning is among you! Long nights of DIY projects… Tulle or satin? Ballerina or blush? Roses or peonies? Decisions, decisions. 

There are two months left for my wedding, and I've come to notice that people act differently when they find out you are getting married. If you are engaged or you were engaged then you know that some people can just be so rude. Sometimes they don't do it intentionally, and if you are reading this list saying, “OMG, I said that to-” then this article is for you. If you are bride to be and are totally resonating with this article saying, “OMG, yes! I hate that!” Then this article is also for you… Open up a bottle of wine and let's get to it, shall we? Here's a list of a few things people have said to me over the year I've been engaged and it reeeeeally GRINDS MY DANG GEARS: 

1.) “But you're so young, you're throwing away your youth!” - This sentence usually comes out in different ways but ultimately means the same thing, you don't agree with my decision to be married at a ‘younger’ age. THAT’S FINE! But do you really think you are gonna make me change my mind by saying that? Probably not.

2.) “Worst mistake you'll ever make!” - It rhymes, but it's not funny… If I'm getting married, it most likely means that I've been dating and/or courting (if you will) this person for a while now and I know what I'm getting into. TTYL!

3.) “If you keep eating like that, you'll never fit in that wedding dress!” - HOLD MY BAG OF HOT CHEETOS WHILE I KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO DIS GIRL. first of all, what do you care? Secondly, if you do care about my eating habits for HEALTH reasons, then I'm sure there's another way of putting that without sounding so offensive. Third, IM GONNA LOOK SMOKIN HOT, DONT BE JEALOUS..

4.) “Am I invited?” - This is the phrase that everyone and their mother love to say to engaged couples. What people don't realize is that you wish you could invite everyone you know, but then, you consider your budget, how you have to pay for everyone's plate and the church fee, and the reception hall fee.. When you add it all up, it can be VERY expensive. So unfortunately, you can't invite everyone you know. Never unde any circumstance say this to a couple getting married, not only will you make them feel awkward and guilty for not having an expendable budget, you'll end up feeling bad if in the end you don't get invited. Save us all the heartbreak. Pls.

5.) “So, how are the wedding plans going?” - I know that this is an innocent question, but we brides don't really have much to tell… I mean, I could go off about how my bridesmaid ‘Maria’ prefers daisies over peonies, and how my grandmother wants to invite some distant cousin I met once when I was 12, but would you really get it? But we get tired of telling the same old stories so we just reply, “Good” and you look at us waiting for more information which turns into an awkward silence that no one wants.

6.) “Can I invite -?” - the answer is: NO and NO. Why? Please see #4…

these are just a few of the awkward incidents, we brides, have to face during the wedding planning saga. I hope you guys enjoyed this brief, yet comical, article..

XOXO
Kirsten 


No comments:

Post a Comment